Sunday, April 01, 2007

Spring Has Sprung

We had a false spring a couple of weeks ago; my honey and I barbequed in shirtsleeves and bare feet one night, and the sky opened up and dumped six inches of snow the next.

This time, though, the trend is real. Most of the daffodills haven't yet bloomed, but the crocuses are just popping out of the ground, surprising little mushrooms of color. Birds are going barmy with lust, and humans aren't far behind. The first weekend of real spring, when people rub the winter's sleep out of their eyes and notice the others around them, was such a discovery to this West Coast child: I'd never imagined such a rebirth, such a humming. It feels wonderful.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous:

That's a nice little post.

"Birds going barmy with lust."

I wanna chase my wife around in a meadow and then laze about there with the juicy grasses matted down and smell the musky earth and see what the clouds are up to.

But she's packing for a trip tomorrow.

No tweeting for me.

4/01/2007 09:15:00 PM  
Blogger Marilee Scott:

I believe that when Walt Whitman loafs on the grass and takes his ease, the clouds are jagging. It's raining now here. I'll tweet later.

4/01/2007 09:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home