Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Where is It?

Every so often when I look through my bookmarks, I get this nagging feeling that there was this awesome blog I once read, which had short, wise observations on all sorts of topics. It had a really clean layout--no ads, no icons, no pictures, no expandable posts--and it loaded quickly because it just a straight-ahead kind of site, which didn't bother with all those tracking services. That blog dealt sometimes with politics, but its positions and observations weren't predictable, and it sometimes dealt with art and science, always in informed, layperson's terms. I keep mentally kicking myself that I didn't bookmark that blog, back in the day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Marilee Scott:

Yeah, me too.

By the way, this post has really demonstrated the pitilessness of the intarweb: over at my mostly jokey other site, pretty much the identical version has already garnered 16 comments. Interesting thread over there at the "hate" site.

Sigh.

5/17/2006 08:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous:

I don't know what to say. I've become depressed by blogging, and by my inability to generate - I mean write - the more searching, or at least longer, posts I've been wanting to write.

I still find a lot of value in blogs overall, but more and more I look around and wonder, "Is this all it's going to be?"

5/18/2006 02:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home