Monday, October 16, 2006

Recent Comments--arrgh!

Although I was not mentioned in Becks's shout-out to blogs without recent comments, I felt her cri de coeur as a call to action. After all, I had managed to install a "recent comments" hack on "Hating on Charles Bird"; that hack was so easy, and it changed everything about that site. I'm all in favor of recent comments hacks.

So, alas, the template for the old "Hating on Charles Bird" site got corrupted during the recent move to its new digs (which are here, should you need to hate on Charles Bird for some reason), and I can't find the elegant hack I used back then.

I've been mixing and matching from lesser sources, and I'm not getting any closer to what I'm looking for. For now, you can mouse over that hideous "BlogItemURL" business to see the desired result. Any suggestions? Anyone?

[Update: Fixed! Thanks again, Jay Sundahl!]

5 Comments:

Blogger Jay:

Here's the url for the farrago recent comments hack you used at HOCB. Assuming this is remains a low volume blog you probably won't need the patch I did to eliminate the hidden text for mouse over.

10/17/2006 03:49:00 PM  
Blogger Jay:

Sorry URL here

10/17/2006 03:51:00 PM  
Blogger Jay:

That should be "Sorry, URL", not a "sorry url". I seem to be having a punctuation and formating malfunction today.

10/17/2006 03:55:00 PM  
Blogger Marilee Scott:

Yay! It's Jay Sundahl, tech guru extraordinaire, come to rescue me again!

(Good to see you again, Jay.)

10/17/2006 04:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous:

I limited my shout-out to people using the Manifest Density template, thinking that their lack of recent comments might be related. But I am pro-Recent Comments for everyone so yay!

10/17/2006 07:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home