Wednesday, May 18, 2005

The Best Horoscope I've Ever Had

I flatly don't believe in astrology, which I ascribe, when I'm feeling defensive about it, which isn't often, to the shrinking responses I get from true believers when I cop to being a Scorpio.

That said, I often enjoy reading my horoscope. I've always taken a perverse pleasure in reading about what skullduggery my boss might have planned for my financial planning--particularly when I was reading as a high school student. Lately, I've enjoyed the Village Voice's existentialist "Free Will Astrology," and the Onion's absurdist horoscrope, brought to you by Lloyd Schumer Sr., Retired Machinist and AAPB-certified Astrologer (the mind boggles).

Today, which happened to coincide with undergraduate commencement day, Lloyd gave me the following horoscope:
All right. Scorpio is going to say this for the last fucking time. With an apostrophe, it means "it is" and without an apostrophe, it means "belonging to it." This is really not that hard.

I have since found it difficult to do any work, my day is so complete.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Lloyd:

I'd bet you'd enjoy a Bob the Angry Flower Apostrophe Poster.

5/26/2005 10:44:00 AM  
Blogger Jackmormon:

Why yes, I do like Bob the Angry Flower's apostrophe poster--but I wish it addressed the "its--it's" problem. It does fix the MS-Word bug of apostrophizing unrecognized plurals, though.

5/26/2005 07:17:00 PM  
Blogger Mr Mopi:

Hi

How would your life change if you could anticipate random, life-altering encounters with strangers... tap into your unlimited abundance frequency... notice cryptically recurring number patterns in the unlikeliest places... and fathom the mind-blowing ‘coincidences’ and chain reactions that alter the very course of your life path?

Before you say “yeah, right!”... check this out:

>>> Your Personalized (and free) Numerology Reading

I’ll be honest with you, when I first heard about Numerology and the idea that numbers based on my birth details could not only predict the decisions I would make in my life, but influence my true purpose and ultimate destiny... I was a bit skeptical.

I thought it was virtually impossible for a website to be able to tell me anything even a little bit insightful after only submitting my name and date of birth...

>>> But then I saw this and was immediately proven wrong

I was absolutely blown away at how much this free reading revealed about my true nature and wasn’t at all surprised to hear that it’s scientifically generated and hand-verified by a team of expert Numerologists.

It’s rare to find this kind of quality information and applicable wisdom online these days... I recommend you get your own Numerology reading right away (especially before you make any major life decisions, plan any big moves, or say any I do’s!)

[SIGN OFF]

P.S. Warning: you’ll find some highly intimate, personal information in this reading. Information that may open your eyes to the REAL you.

>>> So proceed with caution and an open mind.

9/08/2017 09:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home