Thursday, October 06, 2005

Wampum Fundraiser

I would never have discovered blogs without the Koufax Awards. I was living in my own isolated, paranoid universe in 2002, reading Le Monde Diplomatique and various specialized foreign policy journals; I felt like the only American outside my campus to think that the Iraq war was the most dangerous idea I'd ever heard, and I had every reason to believe that my campus was about to become a central ideological front.

Then, on whim, I followed a link from
Salon to Josh Marshall's TPM. One day, he acknowledged an award that opened up a world of writing to me.

The Koufax made blogging visible to me. Frankly, the people at Wampum can realistically be said to have changed my--and, if you really think about it, if you're reading this, your--life.

If you posssibly can, be try to contribute here

[Edited to reduce appalling style.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home