Thursday, December 08, 2005

Snow and the Stylish Gal

I have relied for years on combat boots to see me through real storms. They're mostly waterproof, and since the 1970s, they've been a familiar sight--if sigh-engendering--in public places.

My style-maven friend tells me that I'm too old to wear combat boots to combat the snow. Yet she's advocating as a substitute galooshes. She had an old-school brand all picked out, but the idea of wearing galooshes in my adult years, in NYC, just flabbergasts me.

2 Comments:

Blogger rilkefan:

Hmm, her very very hyper lithe dancer's body...

12/14/2005 12:17:00 PM  
Blogger Marilee Scott:

I wondered whether I mightn't get some shit for that. The description being smack-dab on the Unfogged front page and all.

It was my very firstest web meet-up (unless one counts dropping in on Edward_ in his gallery). Both occasions: less awkward than one would have thought.

12/14/2005 04:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home