Monday, January 29, 2007

Temptations and Responsibilities! Cat-Blogging.


This approximately ten-week-old kitten belongs to a red-eyed oldster who seems to have some offical relationship to my local mini-mart. He has offered to sell me this kitten many times; he has offered to give me this kitten, with a month's worth of cat food thrown in, any number of times. I keep saying, "No, I shouldn't take responsibility for an animal right now"--yet I stop by at least four times a week to to play with and shower affection upon this kitty. If the old man continues to suggest I adopt this kitten, I'm going to spend exactly one week pretending that my roommates have allergies. If after that time he continues to urge me to take the kitten, well, I might have to look into whether I could.

4 Comments:

Blogger Marilee Scott:

I'm not sure what that bald-spot near his ear is; it might be an artifact of the lighting. Kittens are incredibly difficult to photograph, I learned.

1/30/2007 04:33:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous:

That spot is not in the shape...of the gallows, is it?

2/01/2007 02:57:00 PM  
Blogger Marilee Scott:

I looked at it more closely this evening. Not an artifact of photography, and not in the shape of the gallows--thank God! I do wonder whether it's being loved and cared for in its current environment, but then I would, now that I've taken a personal interest.

2/02/2007 12:50:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous:

The problem with a kitten is that
eventually it becomes a cat.

(or so saith an old rhyme...but I love my cats almost as much as I loved them when they were a fraction of their current size!)

2/05/2007 02:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home