Thursday, March 01, 2007

This Time, It Wasn't Optional

Google, in its goodness, has decided that it was high time for this here blog to switch over to the Beta version of Blogger. I'm still in the process of ironing out some things from this side, but let me know here if there are any problems from the reader side.

One thing I noticed immediately is that the switchover reinstated that annoying Blogger strip at the top of the page. Even more annoying: it displays my gmail identity, my real name, when I'm signed in. I'm sure this display only shows up on my computer--right? right?--but it doesn't make me happy to see it up there.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous:

I was pretty much forced to upgrade - or "upgrade" - my blogger blog a little while ago (it wouldn't let me get to a normal login page for the old version) and that meant getting a google account. But somehow that didn't mean getting a gmail account. So now I log into my google account with a hotmail email address, which then remembers my identity well enought to log all of my google searching if I don't turn it off, but which doesn't remember my identity well enough to let me onto my blogger blog without logging in each time.

Also, blogger claims they're not "beta" anymore. Which means the crappiness is more locked in, I think. I'm getting closer and closer to shutting that blog down.

3/01/2007 02:55:00 PM  
Blogger Marilee Scott:

Are you considering a switchover to Wordpress or shutting it down altogether?

3/01/2007 02:58:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous:

I'm really not sure. I've claimed the equivalent wordpress.com domain, just in case I want to move the blog there. All my personal blogging is on wordpress.com, of course, and (if I ever revive it) my more strictly academic blog is already on wordpress too.

3/01/2007 03:11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous:

The little word verification thingie didn't display the word in Firefox for Mac just now. I doubt that's something you could fix yourself, but it's certainly annoying.

3/01/2007 07:43:00 PM  
Blogger Marilee Scott:

Crap. It wasn't displaying for me either until I signed in with my Googly id. How did you manage to post then?

3/01/2007 08:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home