Sunday, March 04, 2007

Shopping

New Yorkers! Heads up!

The Housing Works chain has just recently held its "Spring Preview," and the leftovers from that event are EMINENTLY worth checking out. If I'd more disposable income, I would have walked out of the E. 77th shop with: 1) a crocodile Kenneth Cole bag I've coveted for a couple of years, slightly worn ($35), 2) a Calvin Klein sleeveless knit turtleneck, in gray ($30), 3) a no-name 1960s vintage sheath-dress and military-style button-up jacket, in brown and gold brocade, amazing ($80?), 4) a gorgeous Dué Per Dué black holster-neck dress with shirred waist, full skirt, and darling off-white jagged detail-work on the bottom ($45? and just slightly too big for me), 5) a below-calf-length, marvellously pleated, black Prada skirt ($30)....

Anyway, what I needed was presentable shoes. Pictured are my new-to-me Manolo Blahniks ($35). I just checked the label for the proper spelling; these are not the sort of shoes I was raised to covet. Despite all the "Sex and the City" buzz, I've heard that even the septagenerians respect teh Manolo for his well-crafted shoes. So far the shoes seem excellently stable and chic. And so cheap.

12 Comments:

Blogger Will:

I clicked the picture and my first thought was "oooooohh books!!!!!"

I will confess to buying two pairs of really comfortable Allen Edmonds shoes on big sale yesterday.

3/05/2007 10:58:00 AM  
Blogger Marilee Scott:

Ah, yes. That's my "Sch-" shelf; makes me look smarter.

3/05/2007 02:00:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous:

OT, but it's not like you'd get this if I e-mailed it; I thought you might be amused by this.

(Actaully, does your g-mail address have a dot in it?)

3/05/2007 02:09:00 PM  
Blogger Marilee Scott:

jackmormon seventeen ninety. No dot!

I'm not using the gmail addy so often. No dot there either.

3/05/2007 02:21:00 PM  
Blogger Marilee Scott:

And yes, that is pretty funny. For you lot, that is.

Actually, ever since I was pretty young, I've recognised that that was something Joseph Smith put it to be a dick to people. I mean, Outer Darkness is populated by soulless demons, Judas himself, and Oliver Cowdery? Whose great sin was later telling people that Joseph Smith had made it all up? C'mon!

3/05/2007 02:25:00 PM  
Blogger Will:

Ok, since Smith has been raised, I will ask a question.

Have you read Under the Banner of Heaven? If so, what is your opinion?

The best man in my wedding is Mormon, but he didnt give me much of an answer.

3/06/2007 07:55:00 PM  
Blogger Marilee Scott:

I keep meaning to read it, as you're not the first to ask me about it, but I haven't been able to bring myself to do so. One of my sisters read it and thought it very unfair--conflating the FLDS and the early LDS history with the current church, etc.

3/06/2007 08:44:00 PM  
Blogger Will:

That is why I was asking. It was an interesting read. I thought the LDS response was lacking. I was interested in other's perspectives of it.

3/06/2007 09:00:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous:

The shoes look great, and less teeter-totteringly high than I would have expected for Manolos.

Also, general point of information - it doesn't matter if gmail addresses have a dot or not, gmail treats them all the same. So first.last@gmail.com and firstlast@gmail.com are one and the same address.

3/07/2007 05:16:00 AM  
Blogger Marilee Scott:

Thank you for appreciating what is important here, emir! The shoes, they go with everything.

3/07/2007 10:33:00 AM  
Blogger Will:

The shoes are fabulous. I should have noted that more fully.

At my office, we have strict rules that new shoes must be properly fawned over.

My gf is pissed that I bought two pairs of shoes and she didnt get any.

3/07/2007 04:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous:

Yeah, the colour looks like it would be right with so many things.

(IJWTS that I was surprised at your describing yourself as "not on the thin side" in that Unfogged thread - if I were describing you, I would use the word "thin". Mind you I'd describe your sweetie as "really thin", though it looks good on him.)

3/08/2007 06:02:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home